Thursday, August 22, 2019

Painting a female inquisitor/vampire hunter

Introduction


I received this mini as a gift beside a larger purchase from Hasslefree Miniatures. I packed her away at the time; but now, I broke her out for MAGUS. She is part of a string of short projects that I want to finish after my long running Plague Drones.



Assembly and pinning


As I learned from working with metal minis, pinning is a must. I filed down the connectors (small ball joints) in the arms, and drilled holes. Here she is in a rather disturbing pose, with the pins glued into the body.


Here are the pins cut to size.


Painting


Warm white tunic. Cold white collar.


Light skintone.


Light brown straps. Medium brown gloves, satchels, holster, scabbard. Dark brown wooden pistol and stakes.





Silver sword, pistol, buckles. Also basecoat the vials.


Simple brass progression on the sword hilt and pistol grip: Tinny Tin basecoat, Agrax Eartshade, Brassy Brass highlight.


For a hint of magic on the blade, apply some Guilliman Blue near the hilt, then feather it out towards the end.


Red hair.

I did the vials using the Citadel Gemstone paints, one in each color.

Basing



Finished!








No comments:

Post a Comment