Monday, May 27, 2024

A Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures Game Tournament Game 1: Starks vs Lannisters

For the first game of the day, I faced a double guard Lannister list led by the Clegane brothers. I was still fresh and took many pictures.

I faced my Tully cavalry against the Lannister cavalry and infantry, and left only the Stark outriders across the crossbowmen.




My heavy cavalry quickly advanced across the field, engaging the Lannister knights and infantry. The Tully Sworn Shields took hold of the center objective, not letting go until the end of the game. Meanwhile, the Stark Outriders baited the Mountain's infantry unit into advancing.


I played hit-and-run with the Outriders, while the two cavalry units faced off in bloody melee. The cross-healing of the Tully cavalry proved useful in the long grind.

The Outriders soon engaged the crossbowmen to take some pressure off the middle, and quickly died. However, all this time, I was scoring the center, while the Lannisters were scoring nothing.


After several rounds, I finally took out the Lannister knights.

A back charge, and the Lannister guardsmen also died.

The game ended after that. In short, I destroyed two units with my Tully cavalry, while the Tully infantry scored and the Stark Outriders postured and delayed the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment