Thursday, May 30, 2024

Painting metallic D&D constructs

It's been ages since I painted new minis for our ongoing campaign. So here's some Scaladar for Dungeon of the Mad Mage, and some other constructs.

Preparation 

The humanoid constructs were pre-painted, and one scaladar was green plastic. I sprayed them Leadbelcher. One scaladar, however, was painted silver and had a transparent plastic lightning piece. I only sprayed that Munitorum Varnish.

Painting

Mask the transparent piece, then paint Speed silver.

I wasn't very happy with how they looked after the drybrush, so I did Silver edge higlights.

Then paint some details: Blood Angels Red cables on the scaladar, Pylar Glacier glow effects and non-transparent lightning, fireballs with washesBone skull for Trobriand.

Base

Rugged wasteland base. First glue on pieces of cork, then fill out with terrain paste.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment