Thursday, May 16, 2024

Creating and painting Astra Militarum Field Ordnance

Troublemaker Games has these wonderful heavy mortar/pipe organ rocket launcher things that are perfect as Field Ordnance for my nun army, counting as Bombast field guns and Malleus rocket launchers, respectively.

Assembly

Once a 100mm base is prepared using the cobblestone roller, I dryfit some sandbags and the artillery piece. Pin the nuns in place, by first figuring out their position as a group, then marking the holes on the base. Then I took everything off and drilled the holes, pinning the crew. Then I used Vallejo Heavy Gel to glue on the sandbags and ammo crates.

Previously I had sanded the sandbags flat, but this time I just brute forced my way through by plugging the gaps with even more heavy gel (after about 24 hours drying time, so I don't just push the sandbags around).

Some very small gaps still remain, so I applied terrain paste to plug the holes.

And don't glue on the guns just yet.

Painting the guns

Dark metal

Painting the bases

Follow the steps from the heavy weapons bases. I scrambled the steps to complete the messy parts requiring drybrushing and broad washes first.

Paint some varied skintones: medium skintoneDark skinYellowy dark skin.

Final assembly

After all the painting and spray varnishing is done, glue on the guns using transparent resin.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment