Monday, February 6, 2017

Painting tips and other projects

... And with that last post, I launched two new projects! One is retouching old miniatures, the other is short, to-the-point painting tips.

On the subject of retouching, I will never completely strip an old miniature that I painted (or, in the case of the Furies, bought painted at an acceptable level). I don't want all the hard work that went into them wasted, even if I have evolved tremendously since then, and there is a visible difference in quality when compared to my newest works. However, I do plan on doing slight retouches - highlighting, reworked bases, and so on.

As for the painting tips, lately I have found myself more and more often looking up certain posts where I detail a process or technique, so that I can follow along when painting. This involves clicking and scrolling through the blog, at times when this is uncomfortable, such as with a brush in hand. So I'm planning on releasing this type of post that I can look up and instantly have a feel on how to reproduce its content.

No comments:

Post a Comment