Monday, November 2, 2015

World of Warcraft miniatures

As I've announced previously, I've restarted DnD and painted up a group of miniatures from World of Warcraft: the Board Game to use in our sessions.
However, as I've complained while painting up the Worgen, the paint chips off really easily from this type of plastic.

So I decided to leave the miniatures half-baked. I'll just present the state that I got them to.

Here's what I have to work with:

Miniatures, left to right: Troll Rogue, Human Paladin, Human Priest, Night Elf Warrior, Gnome Rogue.
Their roles in the game: Tiefling Rogue, Half-elf Paladin, Elf Druid, Shifter Warlord, Gnome Wizard.

Easiest to paint up was the Paladin. Prime in white:
Give him some shining armor:
Add some wash for realism:



For the Priest miniature, I kind of went for a "Virgin Mary" color scheme:
All white, blue and gold.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look that good after the wash has been applied:
It really looks dirty. Some fine lighlighting should get her back looking pristine...


The Gnome is really small, so a red-black color scheme with a bright green thrown in should make her stand out:
Even after the colors had been toned down by a wash:



For the Night Elf, I played on the natural aspect, going for a green-brown scheme:
A coat of wash pops out the details:
She could use a drybrushing.


Last but not least, I went for a stealthy yet sinister look for the Rogue with all brown, black and bone:
With an orange mohawk for contrast.
And some wash to pop out the skulls and the patterns of the leather armor.

Finally, here's the collection of heroes:



... and in their natural habitat, a nasty dungeon, fighting goblins:





No comments:

Post a Comment