Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Hobby Resolutions

And with the painting of the elves, this year's hobbying is all done!

Of course, a hobbyist's work is never complete. Here's what I'm looking forward to in the new year:

  • Dungeons and Dragons:
    • 4 out of 9 player characters have finished miniatures. I want to re-base the sorceress onto something more impressive than the rough patch of grass she came with. I also want to convert and paint miniatures for the rest of the players.
    • I want to assemble and paint miniatures representing important antagonists of the campaign.
    • I want to complete the chronicles of our 4E adventure.
    • I want to start publishing the chronicles of our current 5E adventure.
  • MAGUS:
    • I've painted the rest of the party, with only my own character remaining. I'm the GM right now, so that will come in only later.
    • I want to continue chronicling our adventures.
  • Warhammer Fantasy:
    • Yes, it's coming back! The guys I've been playing Age of Sigmar with decided to embrace movement trays.
    • Speaking of which, I need to manufacture more movement trays. This will imply a variety of trays, such as skirmisher and flying bases for playing, as well as more trays for just transport and storage to accommodate my growing collection of miniatures.
  • Warhammer 40k:
    • I've been pretty much ignoring 40k since the tournament. Frankly, I've had my fill for a while. I do plan on getting back into it with the start of the new year.
    • I have some Chaos Space Marines in my collection, so I want to give the Word Bearers a try to help out the daemons.
  • Age of Sigmar, X-wing and other games:
    • I'll probably get some games in from time to time, but no promises here.
  • Miniature painting:
    • Yes. Lots of it. But this depends on some other points from this list, such as tallying and display. Priority goes to DnD here, but I've also got lots of daemons in the backlog.
  • Hobby management:
    • Due to some real life issues, my unpainted miniatures currently reside in cardboard boxes. I honestly have no idea how much of what I actually have.
    • First order of business: tally the miniatures and store them in a better way (ideally on magnetized movement trays).
    • Second order of business: acquire a display cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment