Monday, September 25, 2017

Daemon Prince replacement horn

For some reason, my Daemon Prince loves losing one of his horns. This is actually the second time I am replacing it.



Modelling the horn


The first time I used green stuff, and now, milliput. Looking back, I recommend green stuff for modelling work such as this, as it is easier to handle. Milliput loves clinging to my fingers a lot more.

Anyway, create a conical shape, then press the base to the mini. Then use a tooth pick to create grooves at the base of the horn, imitating those sculpted on the other horns.


Painting the horn


I now use washes to paint bone and horns but I did not want the replacement horn to look out of place. So I used the original technique.

Heavy Brown basecoat.


Mix Bonewhite into Heavy Brown and layer the horn, painting less the lighter the color, towards the tip.


Final highlights in pure Bonewhite.


No comments:

Post a Comment