Monday, March 2, 2020

Daemons of Khorne vs Space Wolves, 2020.02.29

Introduction


The Space Wolves deployed first, screening the Wolf Lord, Rune Priest and Aggressors with the 3 squads of Grey Hunters.


Battle round 2


Same story as before. Hide out of sight until round 2...


... when I was informed that the Space Wolves actually have a stratagem to intercept reserves if the Rune Priest has line of sight. Looked like I had to do this the hard way.


My master plan crumpled after I completed my charges and I was informed that Space Wolf characters can heroically intervene 6". That meant that I could not tag the Aggressors with my consolidate move, and the Wolf Lord could take down my Hounds with the Armor of Russ.


Battle round 3


The Aggressors shot everything off the table without breaking stride. I calculated the averages and put down the Bloodletters, expecting about 12 deaths. The law of averages decided to kick me while I was down, and 21 died to the intercept stratagem. I conceded on the spot.

Aftermath


I killed 5 marines, so I lost a great deal of points, placing me in the well deserved last spot overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment