Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Painting a female elf archer in brown color scheme

Introduction


As discussed in the parent post, I'm painting two female elf archers from the Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers boardgame for my DnD group. For this one, I decided on a brownish color scheme, iconic for rangers.

Painting


Another experiment, I wanted to try emulating leather with an ochre basecoat. I needed 3 coats to cover the black primer.




I then applied a brown coat to everything leather, wood and skin. Now for the experimental part! Brown wash (Agrax earthshade) on the ochre. I applied three coats and it still doesn't look very leathery. Clothing it is!



Leather brown on the details - boots, armor highlights, quiver. Bonewhite arrow feathers.


Fleshtone on the skin.


Black wash on leather and wood, later applied to the hair, too.


Fleshtone wash (Reikland fleshshade) on the skin.


Brown highlight on the hair. White eyes, accented with black wash then white highlight. Again, didn't bother with pupils with the miniature being smaller than usual.


And a little extra for the hair: added dark red locks.


Black wash and brown highlights mesh the locks well in.



Basing


My usual woodland basing technique: soil, grass, bushes and PVA sealant.




Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment