Thursday, March 16, 2017

Converting a dragonborn paladin

Introduction


Dragonborn being a race unique to DnD, I couldn't find an appropriate miniature for my player's paladin. So I decided to create one myself.

Components


The body and weapons are from the new GW Chaos Warriors kit, while the head is from a set of dragon heads from Hasslefree miniatures.


Conversion


I started by readying the components. Besides removing mold lines, this included removing the chaos symbol from the shield using a hobby knife.



Assemble the body first. Some green stuff was needed to fill in a crack.


Fortunately, the shoulder armor and cape covers most of the neck. However, I still needed something there to properly attach the dragon head. So I applied a glob of green stuff.


Dipped the head in water, and made sure it fit. Then let it dry for a couple of days.


Glue the head in place.


Apply additional green stuff to make sure the neck looks OK; texture it with the hobby knife to give a scaly appearance.


Finished!


I decided to base the miniature before priming, but did not attach the shield for ease of painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment