Monday, March 20, 2017

Converting a tiefling warlock

Introduction


I searched long and hard for a tiefling warlock miniature, but to no avail. So I decided to convert one. It took some time to find the right parts, but here we go...

Components


One human mage (I don't know where it's from), and one incubus from Hasslefree miniatures (warning, explicit picture).


Conversion


Start by chopping their heads off. I used a pair of cutters to chop, then smoothed out the surfaces with a hobby knife. Note that the body of the incubus is reusable, but the head of the mage was completely deformed by the cutters (not shown).


Smooth the surfaces and glue the head on. This ensures that it holds better than sticking strictly to green stuff.


Of course, it look terrible at this point. The neck and especially the hair does not fit.


So apply green stuff! As always, apply it first, and sculpt second.


I used a fine hobby knife (dipped in water) to draw the lines. I also tried to draw them in such a way as to continue the hair lines already sculpted onto the head.


Finished


Ready to paint!


1 comment: