Thursday, November 23, 2017

Rebasing the elf White Lion

Continuing the trend of fixing up old miniatures, I got out this White Lion of Chrace that I painted for a competition some time ago.


First of all, I had to fix the base as it was 1) square 2) not magnetized. I glued it to a washer and chopped off the corners.


Then used milliput to fill out the space.


The empty corners just ate up the milliput, so I waited for the first batch to dry before fixing the corners.

As for the paintjob, I did not want to repaint the mini entirely, and there wasn't much to fix. Again, I would do a better job of some parts now (the pelt, for example, which bears a simple drybrush here) and I have better tools now (like colored washes), but this was an important milestone of my progress which I did not want to erase. One detail that I did hate though was the face. I originally tried to create the black contour for which I now use black wash with regular black paint - giving the elf a black eye. So I grabbed my tiniest brush, and went in again with skintone, leaving just the slightest black contour.


Woodland base as per the painting tip. This elf is not much for tree-hugging, so I skipped the flowers.

Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment