Thursday, November 9, 2017

Wood elf display base

Having painted all the elves from Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers, I decided to create a scenic base for them.

The concept is to have the four male archers in the front, the two females in the back, with the druid standing out in the middle.





Creating the base


I actually used a Kings of War-sized movement tray/base (sadly, the game never got off in our local community). My other tools are also prepared: magnetized round bases (otherwise useless), PVA glue and extra wood.


I decided to have a raised area in the back, so as not to obscure the two figures there. I also raised the middle "platform" even more, to have the druid truly stand out.


For variety (as well as gentler slopes), I created hills using home-made putty.


Finally, I painted the whole thing using a cheap green acrylic paint. This should only be visible on the bases in the end, but you can never know where it would shine through the flocking.


Flocking


Apply everything from the painting tip.

Finished!









1 comment: