Thursday, March 1, 2018

Painting competition

My favorite shopkeeper at our FLGS organized a miniature painting competition. While he had done this before, this time he really stepped up his game, with sponsors and prizes announced ahead of time, two categories (beginner and advanced) and 17 participants total.

I signed up for the advanced category with a Chaos Lord in Terminator armor. The reasons for choosing the mini were twofold. First of all, it was cold outside and my spray primer did not want to work properly... and I had had this miniature primed and ready to paint (for at least a year or so). Second, I always wanted an avatar on the table: a miniature that represents me. It's pretty hard to do that with a daemon, but a post-human Chaos Marine is perfect.

The project took more than two weeks, and I had been painting up to the day of the competition. I'll document my progress here.


No comments:

Post a Comment