Friday, July 20, 2018

Modern sorceress - mainentance work

Unfortunately, metal models tend to chip with excessive handling. I varnish all my miniatures, but even so, they sometimes chip. And so, they require maintenance work - such as this sorceress.


If you look very, very closely, you can see the metal shining through at the tips of her fingers.


This seemed minute chipping at first. You can't paint over metal directly, so I applied white primer first.


With some paint on, I discovered that the original paint hadn't exactly gone away. It just peeled back. Again, if you look very, very closely, you can see webbing between the fingers. Alas, I shall live with it.

Finally, I painted over the primed area using the original paintscheme. The new layer is imperceptible, and the wash even masques the webbing.



1 comment:

  1. I spray metal models with varnish bought from Leroy Merlin.

    ReplyDelete