Monday, July 9, 2018

Storm of Pradus - a Warhammer 40k campaign

I am proud to announce that I was asked to contribute to another Warhammer 40k campaign. It is already in full swing, since about a month or so. This is less of a narrative campaign and more like just a framework for this summer's games, but it does allow any hobbyist to contribute in any way (gaming, painting, lore writing).

I do administer the dedicated blog created for this campaign, the Storm of Pradus. (Apologies to any foreign readers - the organizer decided to have this as easy to get into as possible, and everything is in Romanian.)

I created the rules and conditions of the campaign, which define the ways people can contribute: playing any kind of 40k games, with bonus points for narrative games and playing with painted armies; painted army showcases; creating lore for their army and its characters. The points lead to a reward system for the grand finale: a huge apocalypse game of Warhammer 40k.

I also created the story behind the campaign. A convoluted scheme by a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch justifies the presence of any armies in the Pradus star system.

Of course I am still busy with my own narrative campaign, the Doom of Ulpia; so I could not get any games in for the other one, yet. I did manage to send in a painted army showcase.

So far, so good. The Storm is continuing to build up, and I can't wait to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment