Thursday, July 25, 2019

Painting a dwarf (fyreslayer) berzerker

Introduction


A just for fun project, with no ulterior motives! I bought this miniature for a bargain price from eBay as I lack dwarves for RPGs (so no, I am not starting a Fyreslayer army). It is part of a string of short projects that I want to finish after my long running Plague Drones.




Painting


Prime white.


Medium skintone.


Blue-green metals.


Orange crest


Basecoat Heavy Orange.


Paint about 3/4 with Hot Orange.


Paint about 1/4 with Orange Fire.


Then wash Fuegan Orange.

Glowing runes


Undercoat white.


Basecoat Electric Blue.


Highlight white.


Glaze Guilliman Blue, spread a bit unto the surrounding skin. Then superhighlight white.


Final details


Red cloth and medium leather belt and cords around the left arm.


Base


I initially envisioned lava in the cracks. However, as the mini was already assembled, I realized I just couldn't reach the bottom of the cracks without slopping over everything. I dropped the lava and went with a simple progression of Heavy Charcoal basecoat, then drybrush Cold Grey and Stonewall Grey.


Also stiple the feet. It would be too funny to have him run around on ash covered soil with pristine freshly washed soles.


Varnish


Spray a light coat of Munitorum Varnish across the mini, as I don't want to kill the shine of the metallics. 
There was also some post-production after that. I did two coats of gloss varnish on the runes. I also had some chipping on the black rim of the base after the first use, so I re-did the black rim and painted two coats of matte varnish by brush on it.

Finished!








No comments:

Post a Comment