Thursday, July 4, 2019

Painting a light grey yeti

Introduction


The third of his kind, this yeti will have a fur color based on the cold white painting tip.


Fur


I did this in parallel with the very first yeti, so I used the same double drybrushing technique for the highlights. I'm not entirely happy with the result, but it's an experiment nonetheless.


Dark skintone


To contrast with the cold white fur, I opted for a warm dark skintone. It's an experiment, after all.

Basecoat Dark Flehstone. Wash Agrax Earthshade.


Mix Tan into Dark Fleshtone, and highlight in two successive steps, each with a lighter mix.


At this point the looked like a human dark skintone, so I went all in. Basecoat the nails in the last paint mix.


Wash Reikland Fleshshade, then highlight Heavy Skintone.


Final details


Paint the fangs and mouth as before. To keep up with the unsettling looks, I did the eyes in a shining blueish white. Basecoat Wolf Grey, wash Drakenhof Nightshade, then dot Wolf Grey.


Basing

Standard snowy base.

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment