Thursday, September 15, 2022

Painting zombies (slapchop method)

Part of a Mansions of Madness lot I bought off eBay some time ago. With the success of the slapchop method on the flesh golem, I decided to try out multiple color schemes.

Slapchop method

I couldn't figure out a good Contrast paint for the ground, so I left the technical paint for last.

Zombies being zombies, I decided to experiment with skintones. Plaguebearer Flesh came out very green, but just right for zombies. Aggaros Dunes is also somewhat greenish (is there blue in the grey paint which filters the yellow paint?). Darkoath Flesh and Guilliman Flesh are almost indistinguishable, and are just bad for living skin. But perfect for zombies!

I finished them off with Basilicanum Grey on the hair and Apothecary White on the cloth. The white would be also bad, but again, these are filthy zombies.

Regular paints

I dotted the eyes white and then painted over with Aethermatic Blue, for that White Walker look that I used on my older zombies.

Spray varnish at this point.

Base

Simplified wasteland base.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment