Thursday, October 6, 2022

Converting/fixing eBay marines into Chaos Havocs

I dug out a bunch of old eBay marines and started working on updating them.

Transfer to 40mm

Those that were on bases stood on 25mm. Havocs are now taller and also on 40mm. Some I tried to stand on basing material, but that of course implies pinning (otherwise they'll break off at a stiff breeze). And because long pins are hard to align, here's one happy boy I had to tie down with a rubber band so he'd stand right. I also used UHU for this instead of superglue, so that it would actually dry overnight instead of instantly.

Everybody else remained on 25mm bases, which I glued over a 40mm base. Then I glued on a bunch of ruins and other fragments. Then I filled out the bases using putty. Leave that to dry overnight, then douse it in UHU to make sure everything is fixed in place.

Conversions

There's one dude who just had the aquila on his bolter, so I scraped that off with the knife.

He also lacks a backpack. So he gets this plain backpack, with a flaming skull pinned on top.

This sergeant has a large aquila on his chestplate, which I scraped off...

... and replaced with chainmail. He also got a candle on his backpack.

Finally, there's Blood Angel guy here (photo taken before basing). I cut off both shoulderpads, only to reveal scout marine arms underneath.

So I covered both his arms in chainmail, and added a flaming skull to his backpack for fun.


The remaining metal models are already Chaos Marines (although I don't know which kit, as I do have some old hybrid/metal kit Havocs, and it's not that). The remaining plastic model is already heavily converted, and quite nicely, so I won't be touching that.

Finally, there's this old monopose metal marine.

I took a set of heavy bolter arms off another body. The arms and backpack were magnetized. I just glued them on. The backpack wasn't a perfect fit, so I cut off the nub on the back of the marine, and put in a piece of green stuff to hold the backpack.



No comments:

Post a Comment