Thursday, March 30, 2023

Converting the ring-bearer Daemon Prince

Two birds with one stone: one old Daemon Prince bought off eBay and primed white a long time ago; and a conversion idea for this spring's painting competition

Start off with some cheap plastic jewelry. I couldn't find a simple ring, so I bought this thing with a knock-off baby shark on it. I sawed off the shark, gave it to my kid, and carried on.

Superglue and pin it to the open palm hand. My precious!

Gradually build up the flames using green stuff. I put some below to mask the pin, and some above to mask the cut.


While the green stuff sets, prepare the base. I have this cool daemon prince sized sculpted base, but the underside looked... unsatisfactory. I put on some milliput in several layers. Rough sculpting using metal tools worked the best to simulate rock.


Pin the daemon prince to the base. Put some Stirland Mud on the small flat area not covered on the plastic base.

No comments:

Post a Comment