Thursday, October 17, 2024

Painting Lannister heroes 2 and 3

Slowly rounding out the Lannister army.

High quality photos taken by GM Photography.

Kingsguard and similar characters

This includes our boys Sir Robert the Strong and Addam Marbrand. They came unpainted, so I primed  them Wraithbone.

Block in the armor using Basilicanum Grey.

Then paint all the metallics, along with the Kingsguard, who came painted in a weak basecoat, with the red primer shining through in multiple spots.

Instead of the usual metallic armor and Shiny gold, I decided on experimenting with something new. After a basecoat of Leadbelcher and Glorious Gold, paint both of these areas in Nuln Oil Gloss.

Then step aside from the metallics and basecoat all the required areas Wraithbone. This is includes Jaime's and Addam's hair, all the plumes (which I originally wanted to paint white but later decided on red), and all the cloaks, wherever I splodged over with the silver. Jaime gets to be Blond, obviously, while I experimented with Addam's light reddish brown hair. Coat Wyldwood, then highlight Wraithbone, then coat Gore Grunta Fur.

Finish the Warm white cloth.

Then highlight all the metallics, as usual. Chainmail Silver and silver on the armor; take good care of the large roundish surface of the shield. Re-layer the shield edge Glorious Gold, then highlight Polished Gold, then Silver.

Simple red progression on the plumes (Flesh Tearers Red, Bloody Red, Orange Fire), Volupus Pink sword grips, white beard on Ser Barristan, Light leather belts.

Baratheon banners

Original state.

I fixed the black splodging with Heavy Goldbrown. I should have repainted all the yellow. I didn't.

I immediately regretted my choices when trying to cover it using Moon Yellow.

I mixed in Dead White, but only got this pale yellowish thing.

Bad Moons Yellow still wasn't good enough, but a regular coat of Moon Yellow did the trick. I did the highlights with the pale color above.

Then pain the rest of the details:

Remaining characters

Qyburn unpainted, primed Wraithbone; Tyrion and the Turncoat painted, to be finished.

Qyburn was the easiest to paint, but I experimented with Contrast paints for the robe color: Light reddish brown cloth.

Common elements across the figures:

Tyrion and the Turncoat had some browns painted on their leathers, so I improvised with Agrax Earthshade and various highlight colors.

Basing

Lannister base: orange rock/sand and greenery.

Finished!














No comments:

Post a Comment