Monday, January 22, 2018

Local Warhammer 40k tournament: 2v2 (after action)

As exhausting as it was to play Warhammer for 2 days, 8 hours a day, I had loads of fun.

For the first time, I went to an event where most armies were almost fully painted. With most of the terrain at Checkpoint also painted, and with quality gaming mats, the tables looked, well, impressive.

I signed up not just with an untested army list, but an untested codex. The list cut-off date was 1 day after the Codex: Chaos Daemons was released, and I only had leaks and reviews to go by. Despite the fact, I am still happy with how the list performed. There are rooms for improvement, though - I'll start by firing that Daemon Prince.

I also learned a ton about the fine details of the game. I knew the theory of close combat moves, but the ways you can exploit all that spin a fine web of mind-dazzling possibilities. It really opened my eyes. Don't ever mention multi-level ruins though. I will never, ever, place one in the middle of the board. Also surrounding models needs to be thought of in 3D. Never again.

As for the results, at 2-1, we stood second and got a prize. I also got the "Best painted" award, of which I am most proud of.


(No, that wasn't my whole army, as I didn't have enough painted models, so I borrowed some. Ssshhh.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice, good stuff :)

    Te asteptam si pe Warhammer 40k Romania sa postezi din cand in cand, pentru amatori

    ReplyDelete