Thursday, December 12, 2019

Repainting a Herald of Tzeentch

Introduction


I acquired this painted Changecaster, Herald of Tzeentch during my early eBay days. The original plan was to magnetize it to either a regular base or a disc of Tzeentch. I did that by drilling 3 1mm magnets into the flames. It was way too weak to properly hold, however. I used the model a couple of times, but it mostly languished in the closet. I decided on finally fixing it to a base, also upping the paintjob in the process.


Original state of the miniature



Repainting


Fix the grey area on the flames using Hot Orange. This was partially where I cut it off the original base, partially chipping. Notice the 3 magnets.


Highlight the flames using Hot Orange and Sun Yellow.


Mount on lava base. I picked one of the less successful ones, as the flames cover most of the base anyway.


Repaint the head blue to break up all that pink. A simple progression of: Heavy Blue basecoat, Drakenhof Nightshade, Magic Blue highlight, Electric Blue superhighlight.


Highlight the flesh and fix the chipping at the end of the tentacles using Squid Pink. Highlight the teeth and claws using Bonewhite.


The gold was dull and highlighted to silver, which I do not like. I repainted with Glorious Gold, washed Reikland Fleshshade, highlight Polished Gold.


Highlight the blade Silver. Also do the gemstones, for later application of Waystone Green.


I originally wanted to leave the eyes white, but decided on applying Cassandora Yellow.
Also glazed the blade Guilliman Blue for a hint of magic.


Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment