Thursday, October 1, 2020

Creating plasticard gravestones

Introduction


Inspired by the Miniac (although he used styrene instead of plasticard), I decided to spice up the bases of my zombies and skeletons.

Measurements


After the first test, I decided to streamline the process. Cut out a strip of plasticard 1.4cm in width, then space out the gravestones. Each is 2cm in height, with the triangle at the top 0.5cm. 


Cut out the gravestones, then chop up the remainder of the strip in smaller, 0.5cm wide strips. These I glued to the base of the gravestones.


Then chop up some more of the original large strip into 2mm wide strips. Some of these I also cut into half to form small crosses.



I then realized that people living in the Forgotten Realms are probably not all christian, so I reused some of the triangles remaining from the first stage into these other, weird symbols.


A note on plasticard and superglue


It bonds really, really fast. I mean like put on superglue, put on the plasticard, and if you blink you will no longer be able to move it. Keep tweezers on hand so you are able to place the small pieces with precision on the first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment