Monday, December 13, 2021

Dungeon of the Mad Mage: Whispers from the grave

We flew downriver on our brooms, only to pass through a heatwave (and gain an elder rune of fire) and enter an illusory outdoor forest, complete with a shining sun[1] and everything. I tested the ceiling - it was still there. Good, we're not going (completely) insane. Let's move on.

In the forest, we found a grave, marked as belonging to Crissann, "a good human companion".  Now the companionship couldn't have been that good, as some mysterious whispers directed us to "take my wand and destroy the elf witch, Willow". We got to digging[2] and Selene got herself a wand of fireballs.

We followed the whispers and the sounds of moans into a cavern where we were attacked by a cloaker. First it wrapped my zombie, who died but whatever, then it got on to Ireth. Another one jumped Selene.

AoE stuff was out of the question, so I  summoned a barlgura to take care of the monsters by hand.

Did I say AoE stuff was out of the question? Selene did not get the memo, queue fireball centered on self. Bye-bye skeleton.

At least this took care of the monsters as well, and I still had an active demon. I made it charge ahead on the corridor, and I closed a portcullis behind it, isolating it with another cloaker in a crystal-filled cavern. They battled for a couple of rounds until the demon went back to its realm, after which Tari shot the cloaker, killing it in a single strike.

More whispers of "Follow me!", which we'll do next time.

[1] Something I hoped never to face again.
[2] Thanks for the help, giant badger Ireth!

No comments:

Post a Comment