Thursday, December 2, 2021

Painting assassins

Introduction

These are Kor from Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers board game, but they shall serve perfectly as rogues/assassins.

Starting details

I wanted the models to be different shades of clothing, so the left one was bathed Skeleton Horde over Wraithbone, while the other two got Apothecary White over Grey Seer. Then I painted almost all the details as for the D&D miniatures.

Hair color experiments

Yeah, it was getting quite boring, so I tried out to tips from Warhammer TV. Without the GW colors, I had to get creative.

I approximated XV-88 by mixing 2:1 Heavy Brown and Hot Orange. A reasonable approximation and a quite nice light brown color.

Shade with Guilliman Flesh, then highlight with the base color.

By reversing the ratio, I got this very light orange-y brown, approximating Skrag Brown.

Shade with Guilliman Flesh, then highlight... uhhh... I needed Bestigor Flesh, and I had some Elf Skintone on the wet palette, into which I mixed the previous mix of Heavy Brown and Hot Orange. Irreproducible, and probably too light. But I like this auburn hair variant.

Basing

Woodland base.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment