Thursday, December 2, 2021

Painting a fly demon

Introduction

A Reaper Fly Demon for my wizard, to summon a Chasme in D&D.

Painting

Base Grey Seer. 

I looked at pictures of flies, so I started with a simple black scheme.

However, I wasn't satisfied and decided on mixing in an irridescent green look. Drybrush the torso Chainmail Silver.

Then paint Ork Flesh.

Complete the rest of the black on the limbs and head. Drybrush the fur.

Paint the wings diluted Aethermatic Blue.

I experimented on the eyes. First I covered them Gryph Hound Orange. Then I belatedly tried to wet blend Basilicanum Grey around the edges. It did not come out too well, but another layer of orange improved the transition.

Volupus Pink in the mouth. Wyldwood log. Skeleton Horde skulls.

Drybrush the wings white.

I then decided to highlight the skulls Off White, and the log Beasty Brown.

Basing

I had no idea how to adapt the stalagmite and log into something, so I covered the rest of the base in Stirland Mud, and decided to improvise.

I initially wanted to blend the mud into the base somehow... but on closer inspection, decided, that the stalagmite was different than the stone beneath, and the mud. So I painted the stone Basilicanum Grey, and the stalagmite Gore Grunta Fur. I enhanced both of them by applying a second layer around the recesses.

Finally, I covered any remaining soil with Stirland Mud.

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment