Thursday, April 21, 2022

Painting a Cosmo Wolf

Introduction

I bought this at a sale and started painting it when hobby time was scarce for big projects such as Be'lakor. The more I got into it, the more I liked this big boy! From Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures crossover line with Magic the Gathering.

Initial state

Pre-primed white.

Painting

Contrast fur. 

Cheap glow effects with Aethermatic Blue on a Wraithbone basecoat.

Also teeth and claws.

I already had Wyldwood on the miniature so I resorted to the old dark brown for the arrows. Paint the fletching in bright Contrast colors.

Bonewhite, Seraphim Sepia, Bonewhite for the parchment. Black Templar script.

Volupus Pink mouth. Black Templar nose. Eyes with Lamenter's Yellow glaze over. Dark metal... hair clips?

After varnish, coat the runes in gloss varnish.

Basing

Woodland base. I tried some new Army Painter flowers, they look great.

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment