Monday, May 2, 2022

Dungeon of the Mad Mage: The adventures of the trombone

We regrouped after the fight and tried to get a long rest. No such luck; we were kept awake by the sound of instruments playing a music. An organ and drums no less. After we realized that we need to roll for Concentration after each hour, we gave up and went to hunt down and kill whoever was making the racket.[1] After chasing some giggling apparition, we marched into a room with two duergar playing said instruments.[2] They lacked skill, but they made up for it with enthusiasm. 


"I did not ask how big the room is. I said I cast Fireball."

The zombies mauled the dwarves to death, after which Ella made her appearance by stabbing me in the back from invisibility. I had the zombies try to grab her, but with no success.

Solid pummeled her into submission, instead. 

We took her to the door, to see if the doors will activate for her touch. They didn't, only the magic hand appeared. Solid dropped her, but she was still knocked out.

We then got out rest, and we interrogated her under the effect of a Suggestion spell. We found out nothing of import.We took her back to the door, but once again found out nothing. As we were discussing her fate, she escaped.

We then endured 10 rounds of attacks by the magic hand while I cast Identify on the door. Looks like we need the hands of a dwarf king, alive or undead. To be continued...


[1] I also promised to insert the trombone part we found earlier into their various orifices, hence the title.
[2] While I wasn't the first to act, I did use a free action to show the trombone part and ask: Okay guys, who's first?

No comments:

Post a Comment