Monday, July 31, 2023

July review and August goals

July's over as well. Not as bad as I expected, but not great either (at least from a hobby perspective).

D&D went swimmingly, the adventurers progressed to the next level of the Undermountain. We'll miss some sessions now that holiday season is upon us, but that's life.

MAGUS totally floundered, we missed some sessions and August will be dry as well. We'll have a go at a season finale in September, and maybe try something else in the meantime.

Surprisingly, my Warhammer morale got a boost with the first narrative game I played, in an up-and-coming series against Orks. Expect this to continue instead of matched play games.

On the hobby side, July was... OK, I guess. I did not start on anything new, however I did finish a bunch of stuff. I'm now doing the final stages of my converted Imperial Guard infantry unit, and eyeing some slaaneshi daemons instead. I still wasn't able to get in a game of Sigmar with them, but hopefully it will still come up this year.

For August, my primary goals are finishing what I started (as always). In the unlikely event that I'll get everything done, I have more slaaneshi stuff and more guard stuff primed, and more guard stuff to assemble and work on, in the pipeline. 

An unexpected help for all this comes from a Youtube channel I've discovered, called Warhipster. This guy really leverages Contrast paints, which is right up my alley. I already used some of his tutorials, more or less 1-to-1, on Kriegers and slaaneshi models.

Finally, honorable mention goes to the fact that today I am exactly on target with the "1 miniature painted per day" thing, with modifiers of course. Low effort commissions and repainting second hand minis helped a lot, but I'll take the win and try to keep it up. August might break even as well, and we'll see after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment