Thursday, July 27, 2023

Painting Commissar Severina Raine

Introduction

Any Guard army needs a commissar, especially now that they are actually useful. Here's my Commissar Severina Raine model, which I assembled and primed some time ago. I dug her out, did a minor conversion, and painted her up to serve.

Assembly

For my opinion on Citadel Finecast, consult this article.

Plasma pistol conversion

Most models have their pistol in the right hand and sword in the right. Not this one, though.

I chopped up this Krieger plasma pistol and replaced the bolt pistol. Having a very sharp clipper greatly eases the process.

Painting

Prime Wraithbone. Paint some areas:

Then paint all her red cloth by experimenting with this Contrast-based color scheme. Paint the yellow epaulets with Nazdreg Yellow, then highlight with a 1:1 mix of Sun Yellow and Dead White.

Carry on with:

Power sword

It's been a while since I painted a power weapon using traditional paints, so here's a blue blade.

Basecoat Dead White. Paint 3/4 Electric Blue, then feather out. Not the smoothest transition I ever painted if I'm to be honest.

Paint about half Magic Blue, then feather out.

Paint the 1/4 around the tip Night Blue, then feather out.

Glaze Guilliman Blue. Edge highlight Electric Blue. Looks pretty smart after the glaze.

Base

For the base:

Finished!









No comments:

Post a Comment