Thursday, September 14, 2023

Painting female Dwarf fighters/paladins

I bought the box of Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Dwarf Fighter Female specifically for our new D&D character, Brienne the paladin.

Conversion

The one fighter intended to be Brienne had a sword in her right hand. Seriously. A dwarf with a sword. Anyway, I chopped off the hand at the wrist and replaced it with a Warhammer Chaos Warrior hand holding a hammer. It's a bit off scale, but I painted it as a metal gauntlet.

Painting

Prime the hammer hand by hand using White Primer. Then paint all the metallics silver.

Do all the Contrast basecoats.

Then highlights and red hair by hand.

I highlighted Talassar Blue using Electric Blue. I tried Pylar Glacier on the hammer and shield, but it is barely visible, so I applied 3 or 4 layers and dotted the highpoints using a mix of Electric Blue and Dead White. And I just left the Nighthaunt Gloom undershirt as-is due to the small areas and pretty good highlights.





Basing

Simplified wasteland base.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment