Thursday, September 14, 2023

Painting a Ghoul King

I bought a bunch of sprues for bits, and the leftovers of a zombie dragon kit actually built this boy whole.  Now he could not stand on his own, so I used a a length of sprue to have something for legs at an acceptable angle, then filled out the base using putty I wasn't terribly happy with my original ghouls, so I tried something else (but equally simple) here.

Painting

Prime Grey Seer.

Coat Druchii Violet.

Paint the deepest recesses Nuln Oil.

Glaze Grey Seer.

Highlight Dead White.

Continue with some painting tips for the smaller details:

Basecoat the eyes Dead White.

Apply Aethermatic Blue in and around the eyes for that classic undead look.

Simplified wasteland base.

After spray varnish, glue on some dry tufts and apply Blood for the Blood God! on the nails and teeth.

Finished!






No comments:

Post a Comment