Thursday, December 3, 2020

Painting ghouls (Contrast)

Introduction

The last part of the Contrast undead commission.


Preparation

Pre-shade with Chaos Black and Wraithbone. I am becoming less and less convinced that this actually does something.

Contrast!

Darkoath Flesh. Cleanup with Wraithbone afterwards. Paint the eyes and mouths as well.


Apothecary White on the clothes. Going for the filthy cloth look, but without the highlight. At this point I also painted the hair on one guy with Black Templar, and I put Aethermatic Blue into the eyes. I dig the White Walker look.


Basilicanum Grey on the weapons and nails protruding from their bodies.


I did the teeth in Skeleton Horde, then the gums in Shyish Purple.


Finally, a zombiefying wash of Athonian Camoshade on the cloth. I should have done this in a previous step, but I managed to avoid other areas and keep it clean.


Finished!









No comments:

Post a Comment