Thursday, February 18, 2021

Painting Mind Flayers

Introduction

The last of the Aberrations and the closing step of the December painting commission.


First mind flayer (Bones)

Since Bones doesn't like spray paint, I went with a coat of Wraithbone instead, painted on by brush.


I used Contrast paints for the basecoats: Blood Angels Red for the inside of the cloth, Black Templar for the outside, Shyish Purple for the skin, Nazdreg Yellow on the trim, Wyldwood on the staff.



Aethermatic Blue eyes.


Highlight the red as for the Chthulhuids.
Beasty Brown, then Leather Brown on the staff.


Warm white cloth. Silver brooch.


Black robes.


I liked everything else so much that I did not touch the skin or the trim.

Second mind flayer (metal)

This guy was spray painted red, so I went with the red highlights again. Then I realized that he was grossly overprimed. Oh well.


At first, I did the robes red as well, but details got lost. So I went in with Black Templar instead.

I did the skin in Hexed Lichen, then mixed in Reaper Spectral White for a gradient highlight.


Dark brown staff.


Medium leather pouch and belts. Black robes.


Silver brooch. Then an experiment: I did the trim in Gunmetal, then went over with Nazdreg Yellow. Quite the muted gold/brass, I like it.



Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment