Thursday, June 24, 2021

Painting medieval town guard

Introduction

I've previously painted thugs and knights - time for their law keeping counterparts. These guys are not part of the Contrast commission due to them being detailed metal miniatures.

Painting

I received them primed black. Due to the paint scheme I envisioned, I undercoated them Heavy Brown.

I decided on a new experiment for speed painting - using just one wash for everything! Can you guess which one?

Anyway, basecoat everything.




Bathe them in Agrax Earthshade, then do the highlights.




So modify all the painting tips to use Agrax Earthshade instead of whatever wash is there originally:

The one spot I used the original wash was the eyes.

The experiment was technically a success, as I completed these guys in record time. The wash used does alter the result a bit: metal looks grungier, cloth and skin looks filthier. Also, the dark leather barely shows any difference after washing.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment