Thursday, July 15, 2021

Khorne Daemons vs White Scars, 2021.07.06

Introduction

I fought literally the same army as last time, but with a different chapter tactic. Yellow Scars, if you will. Deal with it.

Khorne Daemons, turn 1

I was way too trigger happy to take a picture of the deployment, as I got first turn. And we had a close deployment with opposing table quarters and a circle in the middle. I got a first turn charge off! Of course Bladeguard being Bladeguard, I only killed 1 marine.

Yellow Scars, turn 1

The marines closed in on the Bloodthirster, with only the Outriders shooting forward.

He obviously died, no questions asked. But the Outriders did poorly, only inflicting some wounds to the Flesh Hounds.

Khorne Daemons, turn 2

The second Bloodthirster shot foward, lashing the Intercessors and charging the Redemptor. To my great disappointment, the Dreadnought survived with 1 wound, and punched back hard. At least the Bloodletters coming in from the warp completely annihilated the Outriders, then consolidated out of view, behind the central ruins.

Yellow Scars, turn 2

Concentrated firepower weakened the Bloodthirster, but not quite enough. He was only brought down in the fight phase. On the plus side, he came back with 4 wounds! First time the relic axe works for me.

Surely the highlight of the game, and a costly mistake for the marines, was the Bladeguards charging into the Bloodletters. They died, greatly surprising both of us.

Khorne Daemons, turn 3

At this point I went all in, even the second group of Bloodletters appeard to Retrieve Octarius Data. (Did I mention that I started with 0 CP?)

I charged in with everything, but failed to kill anything. So much for Grind them Down.

Turn 4

At this point we realized that the shop is closing, so we blazed through turn 4, where I killed the captain and librarian, but the ATV got behind my lines and gunned down the Furies. We quickly counted up points, resulting in... a tied game!

Final thoughts

I already feel that I did better against the marines after just a couple of games. I'm getting the hang of the new edition terrain rules (although there is still room to improve). Getting your own 9th edition codex is still a huge advantage though, with Oath of Moment such a fantastic secondary. It just didn't work out for the marines this game, as they continuously fell back to charge back in with all their bonuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment