Thursday, August 18, 2022

Painting a light green ghost/banshee

Introduction 

This ghost is another cheap eBay find, so I have no real idea what it is. Looks Warhammer though. I have yet another ghost painting tutorial to try out, this time with greenish opaque colors.

Preparation

It was glued to a square base, which was then glued to a large round base. I cut it all apart and glued the miniature (what was left of its square scenic base) to a 25mm round base, for D&D play.

It was primed white. I briefly considered re-priming it, but it was good enough not to.

Painting

The tutorial called for a Gauss Blaster Green base, which I don't have so I tried mixing some colors. Turqoise with Dead White looks too much like Nihilakh Oxide, so I mixed in Sick Green. Looked good on the wet palette, but painted on it's way too dark for what I intended.

Restart

I mixed Sick Green with a lot of Dead White to produce the second iteration of the basecoat. It came out pretty good. Then I mixed in more Sick Green for the second layer, leaving the basecoat only on the outlying details of the model.

Mix in more Sick Green and a bit of Turqoise for the third layer, painted on the center.

Mix in Dark Green for the face, hands, some hairstrands, and the center line of the clothing.

Finally, apply Coelia Greenshade on the face, hair, hands and wherever else is needed for separation of details.

Finish off the scheme with a multi layered very soft white drybrush.

Base

Fill out the base with Stirland Mud, and paint the white plastic "mud" with Wyldwood. Paint the skull.

Finished!





No comments:

Post a Comment