Thursday, November 10, 2022

Assembling Chaos Havocs using the old metal/plastic hybrid kit

I broke out this old Havoc kit for assembly. Of course they are tiny compared to the current iteration of Chaos Marines, and they are supplied with 25mm bases. Time to fix all that.

Champion magnetization

I decided to use the original Champion model with his weird face. For starters, he'll get a bolter and chainsword.

The bolter needs a bit of work, as all the bolter arms seem to hold the gun on the chest. I cut it off below the shoulder and glued it back rotated, see the pose below.

I drilled 3mm holes in the body, and 2mm holes in the arms.

Missile launcher havoc

I actually misplaced the missile launcher, so I took another metal one - as far as I can tell, it belongs to a different monopose metal marine. I also lost the arms for that somewhere. So I faked it with a plastic Chaos Marine body, and repositioned a bolter arm by cutting up the shoulder joint. Plastic glue is our friend.

I superglued a shoulderpad into the slot on the missile launcher.

Drop some plastic glue on the shoulder, then superglue on the hand. Put the launcher in place.

Pin the other metal arm (which isn't a perfect fit to hold the missile launcher, but oh well).

Glue on a head, and the original backpack, which only has half an exhaust bauble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment