Friday, February 2, 2024

January review and February goals

The year is off to a great start! Let's dig in.

D&D is booming, with the Dungeon of the Mad Mage progressing a bit slowly, but ever steadily. All combat encounters are done on the current level, and we'll advance into the next one probably next session. I joined a completely new campaign as a player, heading into our second session tomorrow - probably with more action than the first. 

I prioritized RPGs during January, but I still managed to get some wargaming in as well. The Atican campaign is finished, closing off a bumpy narrative first ride in Warhammer 40k 10th edition. I also dipped my toes into the brand new (for me) A Song of Ice and Fire miniatures game.

Finally, on the hobby side, the last year ended slowly. With my target reached, I did not paint in the last weeks of 2023, instead focusing on preparing stuff for 2024. Then I started the year in force! I finished a bucketload of commission works for ASOIAF, sneaking in a couple of my own miniatures that could be painted in parallel. With such aggressive results, even if I wouldn't touch a paintbrush during all of February (which I definitely will), I would still be on target. Imagine that.

Now, on to next month's targets. I intend to keep both D&D campaigns rolling on, but revive some of the  waning interest in Warhammer - and I mean all kinds. Will I get a game of The Old World in? Perhaps. I intend to finish my remaining outstanding commissions - 13 more miniatures to go. Then no more commissions for a while. I need to work on my Imperial Guard force, starting with the Rogal Dorn tank that I assembled, magnetized and LED-ed. Then there's more infantry and artillery to work on. With the target a bit more relaxed, I should have time for fancy basework and some conversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment