Thursday, February 15, 2024

Painting a Halloween golem

I was delighted to be invited to this Paint your first mini (Halloween edition) event as a... supervisor, I guess. We each painted different types of Halloween miniatures 3d printed by Novac Dawn. Pretty fly!

Now I already painted something like this as a commission, but this one is different. I'd normally do Contrast basecoats, but as a first experience painting, I usually recommend regular paints. So I painted him the same way myself.

Also, some paints were provided by the game shop, but not all, so we used mine as well.

Last but not least: low budget effects!

Painting

Prime black, because that was all we had. I painted him mostly Heavy Brown on the first pass, then proceeded to do the body as Medium leather. I painted the hay stuffing Averland Sunset, then washed and drybrushed it to demonstrate the technique. I painted the scythe Dark wood and metallic, then demonstrated easy rust using Fuegan Orange and Gore Grunta Fur. I painted Skulls as well.

Everything else, I improvised. Check out the OSL done with Dead White edges, then Striking Scorpion glaze. Also easy glass with Aethermatic Blue over Silver. I later added some white spot highlights.



Nothing else to do on the sculpted base.

Finished!







No comments:

Post a Comment