Thursday, August 15, 2019

Painting Black Widow

Introduction


I received this mini as a gift beside a larger purchase from Hasslefree Miniatures. I know she's not called Black Widow there, but she does bear an uncanny resemblance to Scarlett Johansson's rendering of the Marvel heroine, so I went with that. She is part of a string of short projects that I want to finish after my long running Plague Drones.



Assembly and pinning


As I learned from working with metal minis, pinning is a must. I filed down the connectors (small ball joints) in the arms, and drilled holes. Here she is in a rather disturbing pose, with the pins glued into the body.


Painting


Prime black.

Light skintone.


Light brown holster.


Red hair. Simplified black bodyglove.



Silver sword. Also do the pistol.


For a hint of a power field on the sword, apply Guilliman Blue near the hilt, then feather out towards the end.


Basing



Finished!










No comments:

Post a Comment