Monday, November 11, 2019

M.A.G.U.S. - Moral dilemmas

As we collected our bounty, the lizardman sorcerer offered us each a medal, so that his tribesmen would recognize us as friends and allies. We left, only to set camp at about half an hour's distance, and set to work.

Shamil possessed a bird and went back to spy on the lizards, with Cahir guarding his mortal coil.

In the meantime, I opened a gate back to the village, taking the baron and his men, as well as Biznard and Athosian as bodyguards. We talked to the mayor, informing him of the developments and urging on the repairs on the ship. I also went ahead and made sure the blacksmith was willing to help.[1]

With the baggage now unloaded, we reunited and started off towards the port town, heading towards a smoke column on the way. We ran into a small fortified outpost, manned by lizards. I showed them the medal, and they invited us in for a meal and a chat. We noticed the dwarves manning the smithy and the mines.

We carried on, stopping at a huge rock wall blocking our path. Shamil and Athosian climbed to the top, then parkour'd their way along. Well, except that Athosian fell over and almost died.

We reached an opening in the wall, and found ourselves in a flooded town, which we set to explore.



Cahir, who we left behind due to him wearing full plate, explored nearby houses and climbed unto one, only to crash through the weakened roof and into the water. Dragged down by his plate, he barely managed to get up and panicked. He prayed for help and flailed around, only to be rescued by Eulalia, the most helpful NPC ever.

Shamil jumped from rooftop to rooftop, making his way toward Athosian and dragging her back.

Biznard found an inn, "liberating" a keg of ale.

I flew around and located an apothecary, but found no useful ready-made products.
We reunited to exchange information, then Shamil and I left to explore the two stranger things around town: a stone pyramid and a white discoloration of the waters at the edge of the town.

Atop the pyramid there was a stone altar, which I smashed open[2] and freed another baby elemental. This also made the white discoloration disappear and the water levels to rise. We took the entity back to Cahir, who immediately bonded with it. Questioning confirmed that the elemental was imprisoned here with the sole purpose of holding back the waters.

More exploration landed Shamil with some cash, while I flew into an abandoned manor house. It had some comfy beds on the upper floor, so we spent the night there.

In the morning, we decided on debating our next course of action. This took the rest of the session. Cahir even prayed to his god for directions. We finally decided on slaughtering the lizardmen and freeing the slaves.[3]

________________________________________________________

Aaaand we all forgot about the old warlock. GM's ruling: he stays with the lizardmen.

[1] By redirecting his feelings for Eulalia towards myself, and then engaging in more carnal forms of convincing.
[2] I never would have thought of doing this, but my elemental companion took over for a moment.
[3] This I did not understand. Usually I'm the one advocating a peaceful resolution to all things and everyone else wants to fight. This time, I was alone in suggesting the elimination of this threat to humanity and the balance of all things in the Quiron Sea. I do need to protect my flock, so I fought tooth and nail, promising potions and whatever else I have at my disposal in exchange for the group agreeing to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment