Thursday, August 12, 2021

Converting the daemonhost Cherubael

Introduction

For the first painting competition, my dynamic duo entry is Eisenhorn and Cherubael! Of course, the official daemonhost model is out of production, so I had to roll my own.

Here's the bit list: Chaos Marauder, and Kromlech books. At this point, I had already cut off the topknot and the drumstick, and I already cut into the loincloth or whatever he had.

I tried to pry apart the fingers, but I managed to cut off the entire left knuckle. So I decided to pin the book in place.

It went better with the right hand. A bit of superglue fixed the thumb in place.

Here's both books, pinned.

And here's the body. I additionally cut off the chaos symbol on the belt buckle, the knee guards and fur trim, and I also reposed the feet, to have the guy floating in air instead of standing on the ground.

Dry fit the arms. I had to cut into them to repose them, to have the books held outwards instead of right in front.

Skip taking pictures of some steps. I glued on the arms; fixed the left hand with long demonic fingers; and put on a sackcloth hood on his head. I know it looks like hair at this point. 

I also pinned his leg to the base, at the maximum allowed height for the painting competition.

Finally, add some green stuff where the feet were reposed.



24 hours later, more green stuff work! I fixed the arm sockets. I also added chains holding him down. A lark's head knot is perfect for the arm, while I simply twisted the chain around the left ankle. I glued the chains down to the base, then ran superglue across all the links using a pin. I also did this where the chains meet the body.

 The next day, I created this flowing parchment loincloth, twisted around the pin to hide it.

And some purity seals to hide the rougher cuts. I should have waited for the parchment to solidify before putting on the seal... oh well.

Have him dry at an angle, so the parchment won't just hang downwards.

When all is set, drill a pin into his head. I literally drilled across, no fussing around. I also put two pins in his leg, to "fix the parchment".

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment