Thursday, August 5, 2021

Painting armored goblins

Introduction

Armored goblins from Lord of the Rings. I like this kit. They might be monopose, but they are small (perhaps too small, but I hate how huge the Bloodreavers are) and not overly complex. I mean, a good amount of detail, but nothing that overwhelms (looking at you again, Bloodreavers).

Bow reconstruction

This guy has a broken bow.

I cut off the stubs, then drilled some holes. Initially, I prepared the two smaller pieces of this paper clip, but the holes were too shallow to properly hold them.

So I drilled through the hand, and glued in this longer piece. Which already looks fine, but the edges are quite sharp.

So I wrapped them in lumps of Milliput.

Painting

Prime Grey Seer, then load up on Contrast basecoats. Gunmetal metalics.

Rusty metal and filthy cloth

Other than that, speed painting is all about cutting corners. So I looked to my contrast painting tips, but only did one highlight per color:

  • Ork Flesh, Escorpena Green
  • Basilicanum Grey, Grey Seer (hair)
  • Wyldwood, Beasty Brown (bow)
  • Snakebite Leather, Filthy Brown (leathers)
  • Blood Angels Red, Heavy Orange (eyes)

Basing

Woodland base.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment