Thursday, February 9, 2023

Painting a dwarf adventurer/warrior

Part of a second hand lot. A welcome addition as I lack dwarves.

Preparation 

I got it primed, but chipped here and there, so I reprimed Chaos Black and Leadbelcher.

Painting

Most of the mini is armor/weapons, hence the silver spray. Then paint up as Speed painting silver.

I then basecoated the brown-scale surfaces. I had a large amount of Heavy Goldbrown on my wet palette, so I used that. Here's a pic with some of the leather bits already covered in Snakebite Leather.

Carry on with these details:

  • Blond beard
  • medium skintone hands and face (that face might actually part of the helmet, but I wanted to break up the silver)
  • Light leather straps and small bags
  • Cygor Brown, Beasty Brown backpack.
  • Aggaros Dunes, Bonewhite weapon haft wraps

After varnish, paint some Aethermatic Blue on the rune on the axe.

Basing

Woodland base.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment