Thursday, February 23, 2023

Painting proxy Beasts of Nurgle (morbid beasts)

With all the Contrast-type paint jobs, highly detailed and/or giant models, I wanted to do something... nice and relaxing? So anyway here's 3 Nurgle models. The middle one is the original Kromlech morbid beast something, which I recast twice using blue stuff and milliput. Wouldn't recommend, they came out flat (but still suitably disgusting). I also needed to do a lot of green stuff work to mask the gigantic mold marks. In fact they were so much work that I was in no mood to paint them for years. 

Preparation

I did the bases more than 3 years ago.

Painting

I used huge chunks of white tac to fix the bodies to 'painting handles'. Spray Grey Seer, then paint in this light greenish fleshtone.

Paint the suckers on the tentacles in diluted Volupus Pink. Due the toenails as bone but use a thick stripe of Gore Grunta Fur instead of Agrax/Nuln Oil.

Spray varnish. Mount/pin to the bases.

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment