Thursday, February 9, 2023

Repainting armored Moria goblins

I got these four second hand as part of a lot deal. They were not badly painted - just unfinished, with only the basecoats on them. And so I decided to touch them up a bit.

Initial state

Retouching

I started off by washing everything, to give depth, change values and hide some painting sins. It worked out perfectly. I just had to do the highlights. After finishing the rusty metal and medium leather, I did the skin (Biel-Tan Green, Scorpion Green), liking the value change towards green. The red cloth was already washed out so I just did two layers of highlights using Reaper Fresh Blood. Finally I did line highlights on the hair using Heavy Grey.

Base

Woodland base, to be consistent with the other goblins. 

Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment